This is reprint of an email I sent out to pear-dev and the php user groups im active at:
There comes a time in a projects life when even though its been successful and widely used its founders are no longer able to develop it to the extent it needs.
phpDocumentor has reached that point, Greg and I have pushed the project forward for 5 years now, but thats also the problem its just Greg and I.
The bug reports and feature requests keep coming, but the developer time doesn’t.
So this is where you come in, we need some help.
Currently were looking for people to fill in the following roles.
1. People to work on a new Task oriented phpDocumentor guide
2. People to help out with the website, finding articles about phpDocumentor, users of phpDocumentor, and working on the FAQ
3. People to review, triage, write test cases and manage bug reports
4. People to work on new features and refactoring
5. A release manager to handle releases to SourceForge and PEAR, helping with release notes, and tracking down bug fixes
If you’re interested just sign up on the mailing list at: http://lists.bluga.net/mailman/listinfo/phpdocumentor-devel
Send a email introducing yourself and say what you’d like to help with. I’ll currently in London, England so if your in a different time zone
there might be a bit of delay on me replying but if I’m around i’ll attempt to respond as soon as possible.