phpDocumentor is a big project, and that might make it a little harder for people to get started on it, but just like any project there are a number of easy entries points.
The first is the basic command line and web interfaces. They are made up of only a couple files but that the developers main interaction with the project and also for a number of bugs (#2 and #5 on my last post).
The most important file for both web and cli interfaces is phpDocumentor/Io.inc, the methods in there build and parse options as well as containing some pretty cool methods for matching and ignoring files.
- phpdoc – Shell/Php loader script for cli interface
- phpdoc.bat – Windows equiv to phpdoc
- index.html – Loader file for the web interface
- phpDocumentor.ini – base configuration file
- docbuilder/* – The web interface
- phpDocumentor/phpdoc.inc – Cli bootstrap
- phpDocumentor/common.inc.php – Load ini files setup basic constants
- phpDocumentor/Io.inc – Find files, parse command line parameters
Now I don’t know if basics like this are actually useful, some feedback on what would help a person get started would be great.